|Things to Do in New York When You Think You're Dead|
|Written by:||Sonny Postiglione|
|Antagonists:||Black Liberation Army members|
|Previous episode:||Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the Shadows?|
|Next episode:||Tuesday's Dead|
The fifth episode of the US science fiction crime drama, Life on Mars known as Things to Do in New York When You Think You're Dead was first broadcast on 6 November 2008 produced by 20th Century Fox Television and ABC Studios for ABC.
- Detective Sam Tyler — Jason O'Mara
- Lt. Gene Hunt — Harvey Keitel
- Detective Ray Carling — Michael Imperioli
- Detective Chris Skelton — Jonathan Murphy
- Annie Norris — Gretchen Mol
- Marta Ramirez — Shirley Rumierk
- Keisha Davis/Lullaby Girl — Emerald Young (final appearance)
- Homeless Man/Wino — Steven Marcus
- Father Tim — Chris Bauer
- Denise Watkins — Renée Elise Goldsberry
- Suede — Chad L. Coleman
- Angel Ramirez — Jesse J. Perez
- Fletcher Bellow — Edi Gathegi
- Brother Lovebutter — Whoopi Goldberg
- Young Sammy — Caleb Wallace
- Pipe Bomber — Greg Butler
- Perp #2 — Babs Olusanmokun
- Elderly Bible Bearer — Nancy Franklin
- Young Sammy — Christian Wallace
- Captain Fletcher Bellow — Clarke Peters (final appearance)
- This episode is almost totally original to the US version of the series, but borrows the concept of Sam's recently deceased black mentor and a few other elements from the second episode of the British series' second season. Sam's mentor is named Glen Fletcher in the British version.
- The title of the episode is based on the 1995 movie Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead, which was written and associate produced by Scott Rosenberg, the executive producer of Life on Mars (US), and directed by Gary Fleder, the director of the first episode of the series.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.